Cape Robbin is focused on maintaining a standard retail price across retailers and channels. In recognition of the investment in time and resources required by our retailers and the brand to provide high level of quality, we are committed to enforcing policies which allow our resellers to maintain reasonable margins through the sale of our products. Cape Robbin has established a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy that an Authorized Reseller must follow for the advertising and marketing of our products. All Cape Robbin Authorized Resellers must agree to the terms and conditions of the following MAP Policy.
MAP pricing for all Cape Robbin products can be found on your SO and INV. Reach out to your sales representative if you need any additional information or MAP price list. All advertised prices must be at or above MAP for all Cape Robbin products if a MAP price has been established by Cape Robbin. Resellers are not required to list prices in advertising. If a price is listed in an advertisement it must be at or above MAP. Other statements such as “call for price” or “call for quote” are acceptable and permitted.
Resellers are also responsible for ensuring their Cape Robbin pricing is at or above MAP on internet search engines. Resellers are free to set the actual resale price of any product as long as it is at or above MAP price given the most recent publication of the price list. Cape Robbin’s MAP policy for all Cape Robbin products apply to advertising placements, including but not limited to: print ads (inserts, magazines, newspapers, catalogs, mail order catalogs, etc.), broadcast (radio and TV), direct mail, faxes, internet placement with third parties (banner ads, broadcast emails, destination pages, third-party sites), internet placements on resellers own website, and any flyers, posters or coupons.
From time to time, Cape Robbin may permit resellers to advertise MAP Products at prices lower than the MAP price. In such events, Cape Robbin reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice to all resellers of such changes.
Cape Robbin’s MAP Policy does allow resellers to omit pricing entirely from advertisements and/or advertisement statements such as “Call for Price” or “Call for Quote.”
Free Offers Associated with Cape Robbin Product
Free shipping and/or handling, 0% sales tax, or free financing promotions do not violate the MAP.
All Cape Robbin Products Price Matching Policies
Price matching policies are acceptable. Price matching cannot be used as a valid reason for violations of Cape Robbin’s MAP Policy. Advertised price must always be at MAP or higher.
Failure to Comply with the MAP Policy
At the sole discretion of Cape Robbin, failure to comply with MAP, intentional and/or repeated failure to abide, may result in the immediate loss of Authorized Reseller status and your ability to purchase all Cape Robbin products both direct as well as through distribution.
Cape Robbin will utilize the following steps to resolve MAP violations:
- Any and all dealers selling Cape Robbin products which have not signed a Cape Robbin MAP Policy agreement are classified as Unauthorized Resellers.
- Distributors of Cape Robbin are required to provide a signed MAP agreement from any dealer selling Cape Robbin products. Unauthorized dealers should not be sold to or provided a feed from any distributor whatsoever.
- Violations from Authorized Resellers will need to be corrected within 24 hours of notification.
- First Violation: Authorized Reseller’s account will be put on hold temporarily and a written warning will be provided. MAP violations must be corrected within 24 hours. Upon correction and following 30 days of compliance, violation will then be cleared.
- Second Violation: Authorized Reseller’s account will be put on hold for 30 days.
- Third Violation: Authorized Reseller’s account will be put on hold for 180 days. After this duration, Cape Robbin will review and determine if the account is to be reinstated.
- Fourth Violation: Should Cape Robbin decide to reinstate an Authorized Reseller who has previously demonstrated a third violation, yet violates a fourth time, the account will be unauthorized indefinitely.
***Cape Robbin will issue a new price list periodically. Pricing must be updated immediately upon receipt.***
MAP Policy Confirmation Agreement
Cape Robbin places great value on the efforts of all resellers to represent our products and support their customers. Our MAP policy is intended to encourage competition for the sale of Cape Robbin products in a manner that is consistent with the long-term interests of our customers. We are sure that you share our commitment to customer satisfaction and as such, we ask that you acknowledge by checking “ I have read and agree to the Cape Robbin MAP policy” check box.Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter, and for your continued support for Cape Robbin products.